Hello friend, have you been asking if its possible to transfer from one University to another University within Nigeria or abroad ? Or you want to know if you can transfer from polytechnic to university and vice-versa ?. How do I apply for the transfer form ? How much is the transfer form ? Can I transfer from college to Polytechnic etc? .
If you have been asking about these questions above ,I will urge you not to be panic again as this page you are reading now ,will enlighten you more on everything you need to know about transfer from one one institution to another .keep reading my good friend.
Transferring from one Institution to another is called (INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER). The question now is what is the meaning of inter-University transfer Admission form?
The Inter-university transfer admission form according to JAMB ,refers to the admission exercise that allows an undergraduate student of a university to move from his or her present university to another. For example: a student who is currently in 200 Level studying Accounting in the University of Calabar UNICAL may request for transfer admission into Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) .
The inter-university transfer admission form is not all that common ,but it may interest you to know the number of school’s that performs and accept the inter-university transfer admission processes. They includes :
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTA)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK)
- University of Abuja (UNIABUJA)
- Univeristy of Benin (UNIBEN) and lots more …
These institutions above can accept and process inter-university transfer admission from students.
HOW MUCH IS INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER ADMISSION FORM SOLD?
According to Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) the Inter-University Transfer Admission Form is sold at the rate of Five Thousand Naira Only (N5,000). This means that candidates who want to transfer from one institution to another should ensure that he/she has paid 5,000 to the boards portal for the processes to commence.
READ ALSO: How To Check JAMB 2022 MOCK Results Online.
But there is now an agreement between JAMB and those universities that a transfer student will be required to regularize his or her admission before registering with JAMB under the application they call JAMB transfer admission. Without this ,you cannot apply for the transfer form.
WHY DO SOME CANDIDATES CHOOSE INTER-UNIVERSITY TRANSFER ADMISSION FORM?
They maybe different reasons why some candidates choose inter-university transfer admission form, for example, a student may want to choose such admission if, his or her parents relocate and they deem it fit to move together ,Or he/she wishes to move to a university with a better academic standard ,Or there are consistent strike actions in his or her present university
there are security challenges (or related issues) in the present school. He can now choose the transfer form.
But it is very vital to note that this admission arrangement is done between the two institutions Hence, JAMB is not directly concerned with admission by transfers.
CAN I TRANSFER FROM A POLYTECHNIC/COLLEGE TO A UNIVERSITY AND VICE-VERSA?
Well ! Transferring from a Polytechnics/College of Education to Universities is another question that may come to your mind. If you can apply for the transfer from one polytechnic to the other or if it is possible to do the transfer from a polytechnic/college of education to a university.
The answer to this question is NO! Because you can not be transferred from a polytechnic or college of education to a university. Also, you can not do transfer within polytechnics or colleges of education. This is only possible to ND or NCE certificate holders, they can apply for admission via JAMB Direct Entry (DE). This is the only way to transfer from polytechnic to a University.
Some students may find it so difficult to carry out this processes ,but there is also a way you can apply for Transfer from One University to the another. This can only be done via the following :
- Making consultations with the Present School Admission Office/OfficerIt’s also important to meet with your school too on your decision to go for transfer to another school. Some faculties have strict policies as to release their best products to another course not to mention of another school entirely. It is your duty to Meet with the admission officer, dean of faculty, or registrar – whoever is in charge. They will as well let you know what you have to do before requesting such. You may be thinking, does it matter if they want you to go or not? Don’t forget you’ll need them to process and send your transcript. Note You need a transcript slip which would serve as an acknowledgement for this admission transfer.
- Ensure you Meet the Requirements of the Focus School/CourseTransfer Admission Requirements: Generally, all universities demand the same O’level and JAMB requirements for Transfer admission. The only thing that may vary is the GPA By O’level results, applicants must meet the 5 required subjects needed for his or her course. You shouldn’t have problems with this since you’re already admitted based on this in the present university. By JAMB requirements, it means the schools require you to have written UTME or use DE for your admission into the present university. Such a JAMB registration number should be available on request. Subjects written for UTME must align with the course you’re proposing in the new university too.
- After much consultations ,you can now obtain the transfer Admission form from the school, some schools do upload theirs via their online portal for students to apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR INTER-JAMB TRANSFER ON JAMB CAPS PORTAL ONLINE:
We have given full breakdown about this post ,now we want to provide you with the necessary steps to take when doing this transfer online.
Visit JAMB office (Not CBT, Not Cyber Cafes ) etc.
Apply for Inter-JAMB admission form
Pay a sum of (N5,000) for this processes
Submit Your Documents such as GPA Results , O’level Results and the letter of approval etc.
The Transfer admission form will be processed within One week.
Print out your slip out for evidential purposes.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: UNILORIN Admission Deadline For 2021/2022 Session.
If you find this article helpful , Feel free to share it to as many person as you want , there are buttons below for this process, you can as well leave a comment for us on what you don’t understand. A worker will be assigned to you shortly. Thank you!.