Do you have issues with your Date of Birth on your NIN slips and you want to know how to change it without ease? Or you have done the changes before and its not reflecting on the NIN slip re-issued to you. Or have you been asking how you can change your Names, Local Government Area LGA , Phone Numbers etc on your NIN slip.
If Yes! The post you are reading now, will enlighten you on everything you need to know about change of biometric data on NIN slips. Keep reading my good friend.
Before I proceed on this, you must understand that National Identification Number (NIN), are personal details owned by humans , they contain vital informations regarding a person biodata. It is very unique and the most used document within and without the country . its a means of identification. What happens if your biodata are not accurate, it can lead to something terrible in life.
WHAT IS NIN ?
Just as I have stated above , NIN stands for National Identification Number. The National Identification Number (NIN) is the unique number which identifies you for life and is issued to you by National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) in Nigeria after your successful enrolment in the centre.
WHAT IS NIN USED FOR?
The NIN is used to match an individual with his/her biometric data and other details in the National Identity Database and is the only document permissible by the laws of Nigeria for the identification of a Nigerian. It is used in Commercial Banks to open an account. It is also used at Telecommunication centers to retrieve and also create new phone numbers for usage . it is used in JAMB offices /CBT centres to generate profile codes which is the initial stage of the UTME/DE registration etc.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR DATE OF BIRTH , LGA , PHONE NUMBERS ,NAMES ETC ON NIN SLIP ?
The processes are not difficult, all you should do is for you to visit any National Identity Management Commission NIMC offices to carry out these processes.
READ ALSO: How To Change JAMB Phone Number On CAPS.
To change your Names on the NIN slips ,you will be required to provide the following :
- Your correct full names
- An affidavit certifying your correct full names (You can get this in the court).
- Two passport photographs
- Your money. ( You will be asked to pay a token of Five hundred naira only (N500) for the remita service process. Which must be paid in the bank before the changes can be done . lastly ,you will still have to do some certain verifications again , then the changes will be done but can only reflect within two months interval.
- NOTE: This same processes can be used to change your Phone Number on NIN. It is N500 naira only.
To change your Local Government Area LGA /State or Locality on the NIN slips ,You will be required to provide the following :
- Your new Local Government Area LGA /New State of Origin etc.
- An affidavit certifying your LGA /State etc.
- A token of N500 for remita service processes and other verifications will be carried out before the changes can done successfully. It can also take like two months Interval for it to reflect.
To change your Date of birth on your NIN slops . You will be required to provide the following :
This is the most expensive part of the changes ,so members need to be very careful when doing the enrollment exercises.
- Visit NIMC office
- Provide your correct Date of Birth
- A copy of your affidavit or age declaration is needed.
- Your passports
- A sum of Fifteen Thousand Naira only (N15,000) shall be demanded from you.
- After the payment on the remita service processes , you will be asked to do verification again in other for the changes to be successful. This will take within two Months for it to reflect.
HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR NIN NUMBER ?
You can use USSD service on your phone , simply go via the following steps:
- Dial *346#
- from the options displayed, select “NIN Retrieval”, by typing in ‘1’, if you are using the same phone number you enrolled with for your NIN
- follow the steps displayed on your screen and provide the required inputs
- note that using this service attracts a
N20 (tweny naira) fee only (deducted from your phone credit balance).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE :Deadline To Generate JAMB Profile Codes and E-pins For 2022/2023.
If you find this article helpful , Feel free to share it to as many person as you want , there are buttons below for this process, you can as well leave a comment for us on what you don’t understand. A worker will be assigned to you shortly. Thank you!.